OC Hockey Club
Sophie Merrett, High Trees, High Park Avenue, East Horley, Surrey, KT24 5DB
01483 284 918 (h) 07715 655 287 (m)
The Old Cranleighan Hockey Club currently fields five men’s and two ladies’ sides playing league hockey on Saturdays with our home at the OC Club at Thames Ditton where we have superb facilities with our own Astroturf just yards from our renovated clubhouse.
In September 2012 we launched the Colts section which train on Sunday morning and after 3 seasons we have over 220 colts signed up.
We cater for players of all sexes, abilities and ages (we have two veterans sides as well) and always welcome new players. If you are interested please contact one of the captains listed above.
The OCHC was formed in 1928 to capitalise on the opening of the OC Club at Thames Ditton and that has remained the club’s home ever since.
Up to four sides have been run since the early years with league hockey being played from 1970. From the early 1930s the club also ran a Sunday side – the Pagans – which became the touring team of the OCHC and was an ever-present for five decades at Worthing and also visited the Netherlands and New York.
The rebuilding of Thames Ditton and the laying of an Astroturf marked a remarkable upturn in the club’s fortunes with an influx of new players – both men and women as a ladies side had been formed in 1989.
A series of promotions followed as well a remarkable run into the quarter-finals of the EHA Cup when we played in front of a crowd of 600 at TD, but the good years were followed by a downturn and we dropped back down the leagues. Of late the club has again revived at all levels and are currently enjoying a good run both on and off the pitch.