The Old Cranleighan Cricket Club was formed for the first time in 1890 – second and third incarnations came in 1927 and 1958 – but the first match by old boys came as early as 1868 when some of the earliest leavers played the School on the first Whitsun reunion.
The club has played at least one game a year since formed. A cricket week has been held at the School since 1921 – the OCCC used Jubilee three years before it became the School’s 1st XI pitch – and since 1958 the club has been fully functional with an expanding and prestigious fixture list.
In 1990 we entered an old boys’ cup for the first time, and in 2002 and again in 2004 and 2006 we won the Brewers’ Cup. In 2007 we became the first new school in four decades to be admitted to the Cricketer Cup and the following season we reached the final.
The club has also undertaken full overseas tours to Antigua (1997), Sri Lanka (1999), Kenya (2001), Australia (2003), India (2007), Zambia and South Africa (2009) and most recently St Lucia (2012). In addition to these major trips we also enter the Sarasota International Sixes which takes place annual in Florida over the Thanksgiving weekend.
The club’s close ties with the School were further strengthened in 2009 when a group of former players raised £200,000 to add to the £300,000 donated by the OC Society to allow a full refurbishment of the pavilion to take place.
All Old Cranleighans are warmly welcomed and we have a wide fixture list to suit all standards. The highlights of the season are the Cricketer Cup matches, the annual OC/Speech Day game against the School and the famous cricket week at Cranleigh.